Monday, June 20, 2005

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Grandparents

My children have marvelous grandparents. Pasquin and my mother are amazing, wonderful people who have been around the girls since they were born. The H's parents live in Houston and out of state. They too are very nice people. H's dad and step-mom spoil the girls something awful, in part I suspect because they don't get to see them often. They have asked for the girls every summer; this summer I relented and sent the oldest off for a visit, a long visit. I reminded her to behave. I told her they are Republicans. I told her not to talk about politics. I told her to believe nothing they told her about politics. She has been there less than 24 hours. She calls at lunch very excited Granny is taking her to Wal-Mart! Mommy never takes to there, because we are boycotting Wal-Mart. She can't wait to go to Wal-Mart!

*Sigh* I go to Wal-Mart when I have no other choice, like when I am visiting Pasquin and the kids need something. I just don't take them with me.